M. Sc. Anna Kampwerth
In October 2013 Anna Kampwerth started studying chemistry at the TU Dortmund and finished her bachelor thesis with the topic “Investigation on the tandem reaction of hydroformylation and aldol condensation of 1-octene with subsequent reductive amination” at the laboratory of industrial chemistry in March 2017. During her master studies from April 2017 to April 2019 she was partially supported by LANXESS AG as part of the “Deutschlandstipendium”. In March 2018 she went to Japan and studied at Tohoku University in Sendai for one semester as an exchange student of the Cooperative Laboratory Study Program (COLABS). In the group of Prof. Dr. Terada she completed a research project with the topic “Study on synthesis of alkenyl aryl ethers through SNAr reaction utilizing [1,2]-phospha-Brook rearrangement”. During this time she received a scholarship from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). In 2019 she earned her master’s degree with her thesis on the “Development of two different recycling approaches in the telomerization of β-myrcene with dimethylamine”. Afterwards, she gained industrial work experience through a 6-month internship at Saltigo GmbH (LANXESS AG) in Leverkusen working on the characterization of flow reactors. Since December 2019 she is working as a research associate at the laboratory of Industrial Chemistry.
Homogeneous catalysts are mostly used for research or in pharmaceutical chemistry. In the context of Sonderforschungsbereich/ Transregio 63 (SFB/ TR 63), financed by the DFG, the chances of homogeneous catalysts applications in industrial processes should be improved.
In this research the synthesis of amines with integrated catalyst recycling in thermomorphic multiphase systems should be investigated.
Possible reactions are on the one hand a two-step synthesis through a hydroformylation and a reductive amination. On the other hand both steps can be done together in a hydroaminomethylation (Figure 1). In the end of this work the both ways should be compared. In both ways the synthesis should be done in a thermomorphic multicomponent system (TMS). TMS offer a promising way for the catalyst recycle like it is shown in Figure 2.
Publications & Conferences
- Bianga, J., Künnemann, K. U., Kampwerth, A., Gaide, T., Vorholt, A. J., Seidensticker, T., Dreimann, J. M., Vogt, D., Thermomorphic Multiphase Systems in Integrated Chemical Processes in Liquid Multiphase Systems; Kraume, M., Enders, S., Drews, A., Schomäcker, R., Engell, S., Sundmacher, K., Eds.; 2022; Vol.1, pp. 24-31.
- Bianga, J., Künnemann, K. U., Kampwerth, A., Gaide, T., Vorholt, A. J., Seidensticker, T., Dreimann, J. M., Vogt, D., Reaction Indicators in Integrated Chemical Processes in Liquid Multiphase Systems; Kraume, M., Enders, S., Drews, A., Schomäcker, R., Engell, S., Sundmacher, K., Eds.; 2022; Vol.1, pp. 45-47.
- Huxoll, F., Sadowski, G., Afraz, N., Petzold, M., Jokiel, M., Hecht, K., Bianga, J., Künnemann, K. U., Kampwerth, A., Gaide, T., Vorholt, A. J., Seidensticker, T., Dreimann, J. M., Vogt, D., Schlüter, S., Skiborowski, M., Thermomorphic Multiphase Systems in Integrated Chemical Processes in Liquid Multiphase Systems; Kraume, M., Enders, S., Drews, A., Schomäcker, R., Engell, S., Sundmacher, K., Eds.; 2022; Vol.1, pp. 190-236.
- Huxoll, F. , Kampwerth, A. , Seidensticker, T. , Vogt, D. , Sadowski, G. (2022). "Predicting Solvent Effects on Homogeneity and Kinetics of the Hydroaminomethylation: A Thermodynamic Approach Using PC-SAFT". Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 61, 5, 2323–2332, DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.1c03891 .
- Terhorst, M. , Kampwerth, A. , Marschand, A. , Vogt, D. , Vorholt, A. J. , Seidensticker, T. (2020). "Facile catalyst recycling by thermomorphic behaviour avoiding organic solvents: a reactive ionic liquid in the homogeneous Pd-catalysed telomerisation of the renewable β-myrcene". Catal. Sci. Technol. 10, 1827-1834, DOI: 10.1039/C9CY02569C.
- Fuchs, S. , Rösler, T. , Grabe, B. , Kampwerth, A. , Meier, G. , Strutz, H. , Behr, A. , Vorholt, A. J. (2018). "Synthesis of primary amines via linkage of hydroaminomethylation of olefins and splitting of secondary amines". Appl. Catal. A-Gen 550, 198-205, DOI: 10.1016/j.apcata.2017.11.010.
July 2022, Lisbon, Portugal: 22nd International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis, Poster: "Recycling a Homogeneous Rh Catalyst in the Hydroaminomethylation - Sustainable Approach via Thermomorphic Multiphase Systems Forming a Pure Product Phase."
June 2022, Weimar, Germany: 55. Jahrestreffen Deutscher Katalytiker, Poster: " Homogeneously catalyzed amine-functionalization of renewables in thermomorphic multiphase system."
May 2022, Dortmund, Germany: 11th Workshop on Fats and Oils as Renewable Resources for the Chemical Industry, Poster: "Synthesis of amino-functionalized oleochemicals via hydroaminomethylation with integrated catalyst recycling."
- March 2021, Weimar, Germany, 54. Jahrestreffen Deutscher Katalytiker, Poster: "Sustainable approach for recycling of a homogeneous catalyst: Amine syntheses via telomerization of β-myrcene"